Reading Roundtable #5B held its 3rd meeting on Thursday, February 23, 2008 from 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM.
Virginia facilitated the meeting; Melissa acted as the meeting recorder. The group discussed Chapter 3 in Learner-Centered Teaching. The discussion was guided by the following:
- Examples of experiential learning in classroom currently.
- Is it too late to implement suggestions now?
- Examples from book:
- End of class summary
- Peer reviewed work
- Empty Outlines to encourage book reading
- Chapter quizzes, online, WebCT
- Past students returning to classroom for help new students manage course
- What are barriers to implementing this type of learning and reducing “content?”
- Do we individually have a learning advancement model or philosophy?
- Have we asked students from start to end what their learning advancement model looks like?
- Where do we want to be as a thinker?
- How do students obtain process learning skills?